|Apple Pie Waffles|
Aaah, Sunday morning. I surprised everyone by springing forth from my bed with a shout that I would be making breakfast. Me - the one who gets nauseous from eating before noon. And these waffles were stupendous.
I started with a recipe from the Betty Crocker website for Pumpkin Waffles with Maple-Apple Syrup and proceeded to do my own thing. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Waffles
- 2 1/2
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 1/2
- cups milk
- cup applesauce (we made homemade applesauce the day before, so it was fresh!)
- cup vegetable oil
- tablespoons packed brown sugar
- teaspoon apple pie spice
- cup chopped pecans (my hottie husband chopped these for me)
- The best part about waffles is that they are so easy. We keep our waffle iron handy because we like to have savory waffle combinations for dinner. I made a double batch of these. Mix everything except the pecans and follow the directions for your waffle iron. Sift powdered sugar if desired (at our house, it is very desired) and sprinkle the pecans on top. I do not care for maple syrup on my waffles or pancakes, so I dribbled Tupelo honey on mine. WOW. The rest of the family scarfed them down.